The following rates apply to all services provided by Cindy Kluger ~ Freelance Writer & Virtual Assistant:
Projects are billed either by word or page, on an hourly rate basis, a retainer rate basis or as packages. Rates contained on this page are a starting point for discussion and may be negotiated on a project to project or client to client basis.
Basic Hourly Rate
$36.00 per hour (hourly projects, retainer rate)
Purchasing services by the hour is a great way for us to start collaborating and get to know each other. Hire me to knock out those tasks you need to get off your plate NOW and if we find we are a good match, we can proceed to a Monthly Retainer Package (if it’s an appropriate fit for your business).
Per Word Or Per Page Rate
Written and editorial work is billed this way when there are a set number of words per page or in the project.
Project & Packages Rate
A set amount in return for completion of the entire project.
- All projects will be given an estimated quote. All quoted rates will be honored for a period of 30 days. After 30 days rates are subject to change.
Retainer Package Rates
- Retainer rates are based on a specific number of service hours a client reserves each month.
- Services will not begin until the contract has been signed and payment has been made. Subsequent months will be billed in advance on the 18th and payment is due upon receipt.
- Hours that are not used within the month do not carry over to the next month.
- You will receive advanced notice when your retainer hours reach 3 hours remaining.
- Actual service hours which exceed a clients pre-paid retainer hours will be billed at the regular hourly rate.
- If retainer hours become depleted during any given billing period then clients have the option of purchasing additional hours or halting services until the next billing period. Clients will be notified when retainer hours have been exhausted.
- Additional fees, as outlined below, are not included in the retainer fee and will be billed at the end of each month.
∼ ∼ ∼
- First time clients receive a complimentary 1 hour consultation.
- A signed contract and deposit will be due before any work can begin.
- A minimum of one (1) hour will be charged for all projects / invoices. Charges after one (1) hour will be invoiced at actual time worked. Detailed time records are available upon request.
- For project work a deposit of 50% of the quoted cost is due prior to the start of services. The final 50% will be due upon completion and your final review.
- There is a fee for NSF payments in the amount of $30.00.
- There is a fee imposed for late payment. This fee is 5% of the outstanding balance.
- Outstanding invoices will result in loss of service until clients account is settled in full.
- Cindy Kluger ~ Freelance Writer & Virtual Assistant reserves the right to refuse any work request.
For all services, client pays regular fee plus any special material, supply, or shipping fees.
Examples of this include: postage, shipping, special printing, copies, card stock, specialty paper, poster board, check stock, form paper, photo paper, scrapbook paper, albums, embellishments, flash drives, CD’s, DVD’s or disks-if necessary.
All additional charges will be itemized on the billing invoice.
All invoices will be sent via e-mail. Methods of payment include:
- Money Order
- Certified Check
- Business Check
Rush service: 10% up-charge
Late payment of retainer: 5%
∼ ∼ ∼
Terms and Conditions
Illegible or Poor Quality Source Material
Illegible or poor quality source material will be subject to an additional 10% fee of total project costs.
Errors and Omissions
Final proofreading is the responsibility of Client. Client shall proof all materials prior to acceptance of the delivered work. All errors must be reported within forty-eight (48) hours of delivery, or work will be considered accepted. All errors reported within forty-eight (48) hours will be corrected at no additional charges. Additional fees may apply if reported after forty-eight (48) hours.
Estimate vs. Actual Costs
All quoted estimates are provided to the best of my ability after review of Client’s written project request. Final invoices are based on actual project requirements and may change if the scope of the project changes. Difference in excess of 20% will be discussed with Client prior to project completion. All quoted rates will be honored for a period of 30 days. After 30 days rates are subject to change.
All invoices for services will be sent via email and are payable by money order, certified check or business check. Invoices must be paid in full before completed work is sent to the client. Invoices will be sent out on the 25th of each month and payments are due upon receipt.
If Client has a monthly retainer, and retainer has been paid for the month, all work will be sent out upon completion. When retainer hours are depleted, clients have the option of purchasing additional hours or halting services until the next billing period. Client will be notified when 3 retainer hours are left.
Late fees may be assessed if invoices are not paid within 10 days of receiving invoice.